How Do I Find Buyers for Exports?
Wondering how to find overseas buyers for exports or how to expand your existing list of overseas buyers?
Here are some resources to help you develop your export program:
Programs for Finding Overseas Buyers
There are a variety of programs through the Department of Commerce that can assist in finding or expanding a list of buyers.
International Trade Administration (ITA)
Visit the International Trade Administration’s website to find Export Solutions, including:
- Learn How to Export: “Small, medium, and large businesses all have the amazing opportunity to expand internationally, however there are several steps that must be taken to ensure that your company is ready to export.”
- Find Buyers and Partners: “Look to international markets for opportunities to grow your business.”
- Research Foreign Markets: “International market research is a key piece of successful export planning. It is important to critically review and assess demand for your product, as well as factors related to a given export destination.”
Small Business Administration (SBA)
There are three specific export loan programs through the Small Business Administration that may be of interest to you:
- Export Express Loan Program
- The Export Working Capital Program
- The International Trade Loan Program
Learn about these Export Finance Programs on the SBA’s website.
Have Other Questions about Exports?
Please feel free to contact your regular C J export representative or Johanna Lively, C J’s Corporate Export Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-677-9351.
C J International is a full-service Customs broker and freight forwarder, offering a variety of export services.
This article was originally published on March 3, 2017, and has been updated to include more recent information.
Our blog posts are for informational purposes only. While we use reasonable efforts to furnish accurate information, C J is not liable or responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information contained herein.