Additional Information FDA Entries
The Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) and Partner Government Agencies (PGA) require additional information be transmitted for ACE Cargo Release effective June 15th, 2016.
C J is successfully transmitting PGA data via ACE with no delays. We strongly advise Importers to communicate with their Suppliers to ensure the additional data is added to the shipment documentation that the Suppliers provide. Your freight can be released in a timely manner and without any delays or additional cost only with complete documentation.
There are many PGA’s, with authority over many different types of products, but in this post we will focus on the new data elements required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). FDA now requires more information at the time of entry. To avoid delays in clearing shipments, Importers must contact their Suppliers to make sure all required information is included in the shipment documentation.
Following is a summary of the additional information required for FDA entries:
- Full contact details are required for all parties to the transaction, including phone number and email address. The entry will be rejected if all data fields are not completed.
- All eight Party Roles must be transmitted:
- Prior notice Submitter
- Prior Notice Transmitter
- Ultimate Consignee
- Point of Contact
- If cargo is Low Acid Can Food (LACF), Acidified Foods, and Baby Formula, lot numbers and the value of each lot are now required.
- The Food Commodity Code must be transmitted:
- NSF – Natural State Food – for example frozen headless and gutless fish
- PRO – Processed Foods
- FEE – Animal Food (pet food, medicated feed & feed)
- ADD – Additives and Colors
- DSU – Dietary Supplements
- CCW – Ceramicware and other food contact surfaces
- The FDA Establishment Identification (FEI) number for the Importer, the Owner and the Ultimate consignee.
- The Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number for the Manufacturer and the Shipper.
- The FDA registration number for the Manufacturer.